How to reinstall Android OS
Android is primarily a mobile operating system which has the largest stack worldwide following iOS and Windows phone.
If your Android is not working well or maybe you did some system level changes and want to revert back to its original state including all original drivers. The topic which we are going to elaborate the instructions which involve installing the Android operating system on your mobile phone. Past few month Android OS for PC has been on trend and there are many users for the same. So we are going to divide this article into some sections.
To reinstall android on mobile, proceed as follows.
- Backup your data into the external source.
- Wipe everything out, including internal storage.
- Go to settings, System > Reset Options > Erase all data.
It may prompt for password and warning go ahead allow your phone to wipe all the user data and load the OS as if it’s a new phone. Do this when apps aren’t working fine. Also helpful when system functions deny working properly.
When you have made some system-wide change, (rooting, replacing system files etc) follow this procedure to get everything including original drivers on your mobile phone.
- Download a stock ROM, (visit your phone support page)
- If your phone support adb sideload, do that.
- or Install a custom recovery to flash the ROM.
Guess you’ve made some system-wide changes, such as removing a system app or modify a system file and it bricked something on your phone, can be a feature or hardware issue.
Here are the instructions to reinstall Android os on Oneplus 5t.
(re) Installing Android on mobile.
Step 1. Download a full OTA ROM, and save it to a computer. Put your phone into fastboot mode (power button + volume up).
Step 2. Install ADB and fastboot tool, and open a Command prompt windows from the tools folder.
Step 3. Unlock bootloader, type “fastboot oem unlock” and select YES in phone.
Step 4. Install TWRP, get it and flash it using “fastboot boot twrp.img” this will boot TWRP on your phone.
Go to Wipe > Format Data, then go back, and go Advanced Wipe > Select all and wipe. You might have to power-off once time after Formatting data, which will mount data.
Step 4. When connected to PC in TWRP recovery, it will mount internet storage on your computer, copy the ROM zip file and from TWRP menu, select Install > select the ROM and swipe right to flash it.
Once done, Don’t reboot your phone, go back select Power option and Power off the phone.
Step 5. boot again into fastboot mode, and give “fastboot oem lock” command select YES in the phone. This will prevent the security message when your phone boots.
Any easier approach?
- Download ROM (stock ROM) to your mobile and place it in internal storage.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- Select update from internal storage.
- Android is reinstalled.
On MI Phone, open Updater app and select the package to install it.
On Oneplus phone, boot into recovery mode then select Update from internal storage.
Other phone may have similar options.
Reinstall Android OS (Chrome OS) on your Chromebook.
If you have misunderstood it, The Chrome OS on chromebook supports Chrome apps and games. In order to reinstall Chrome OS (or to update) proceed as follows.
On the working computer (not the Chromebook with the error):
- Install Chrome on other computer.
- Open Chrome and Install the recovery app.
- Open the recovery app
- Click on Get started.
- Select a model from the list, which you want to recover.
- Click on Continue.
- Plug USB flash drive.
- Select “USB flash drive” or SD card you inserted.
- Click Continue.
- Click Create now.
- After few minutes your recovery media should be ready now unplug the USB flash drive.
- In Chromebook: Press and hold Esc + Refresh.
- Then press power button.
- Let go of Power. When a message shows on the screen, let go of the other keys.
- Plug the USB flash drive or SD card that has recovery installed.
- Simply follow the screen instructions to reinstall OS.
How to reinstall Android-x86, Remix OS and Phoenix OS.
If you use Android OS on your computer such as Remix OS, Phoenix OS or Android x86 builds reinstalling them is easier but it will wipe the userdata. To reinstall such operating systems proceed as follows.
- Visit the operating systems website.
- Download the image file and save it to computer.
- Open Rufus.
- Click the image icon.
- Select the operating system image file.
- Click on start button.
- Shutdown your computer.
- Boot from the USB flash drive.
- From the boot Menu select install and follow on screen instructions.
Now you’ve learned to reinstalling operating system on various devices including Mobile, Chromebook and Computers. If your situation doesn’t fall into any of these cases, comment below.