The all-new Redmi Y1 is a good smartphone with a 16MP camera with a front flash LED to enrich your selfies. While this device is available to purchase from Amazon and Flipkart as well as from offline retailers. The focus area of this phone is the front camera which is 16 megapixel with 2.0 aperture along with front LED selfie, which is good but not flawless.
In this article, you will learn how to root your redmi Y1 and Y1 lite without PC.
Steps to root Redmi Y1 / lite
- Download this root enable zip file from here.
- Save it in the root of your internal storage as “update.zip” (without quotes).
- Open Updater app and select “choose update package”.
- Select the root zip to flash it through the MI recovery
- Your phone will restart several times throughout the process.
If your redmi y1 has a locked bootloader you’ll need to apply for unlocking permission from unlock.miui.com when you get SMS confirmation.